WIRE ROPE FIELD DRESSING WATER DISPLACING & RUST PREVENTATIVE
XL-6500is a solvent cut-back Wire Rope Field Dressing that should be applied immediately
after a rope has been installed, to protect against the potential onset of
corrosion within the core.
The solvent cut-back ofXL-6500offers
the following advantages:
• Softens old dressing materials to make the rope more receptive to new
• Penetrates all the way to the rope core
• Evaporates quickly, allowing the rope to be used shortly after dressing
• Provides Extreme Pressure (EP) lubrication
• Protects against the corrosive effects of water and brine
• Water displacing
• Excellent low temperature flexibility
• Resists excessive dirt pick-up
• Non-flammable solvent offers safe field application
APPLICATION: XL-6500is most effectively applied when the rope is in motion, and preferably while it is
being bent over a sheave or pulley. Bending opens the spaces between the strands
so that the dressing can penetrate to the interior and into the rope core.
XL-6500may be further diluted with chlorinated solvents or mineral spirits to the
consistency desired for application by spray (airless), brush, or dip coating.
be removed with petroleum solvents.
Flash Point (minimum, dry)
Film Thickness (dry)
5% Salt Spray
XL-6500may also be used as an excellent undercoating protection for automotive and off-road
equipment. Also for machinery and equipment coating for storage and
NOTE:If a lighter-coloured film is desired, useXL-6560for
a softer, oilier finish.