WIRE ROPE AND CHAIN LUBRICANT FIELD DRESSING & RUST PREVENTATIVE
XL-6501is a solvent cut Wire Rope Field Dressing that should be applied immediately after
a rope has been installed, to protect against the potential onset of corrosion
within the core.
the following advantages:
• Softens old dressing materials to make the rope more receptive to new
• Penetrates all the way to the rope core
• Evaporates quickly, allowing the rope to be used shortly after dressing
• Provides Extreme Pressure lubrication
• Protects against the corrosive effects of water and brine
• Water emulsifying (slight)
• Excellent low temperature flexibility
• Resists excessive dirt pick-up
APPLICATION: XL-6501is effectively applied when the rope is in motion, and preferably while it is being
bent over a sheave or pulley. Bending opens the spaces between the strands so
that the dressing can penetrate to the interior and ultimately the rope core.
When usingXL-6051to lubricate chains, be sure to apply the product directly into the link pins, and
in thin layers.
XL-6501may be further diluted with compatible solvents to the consistency desired for
application by spray, brush, or dip coating.
be removed with petroleum solvents.