XL-5146provides a safer working environment for those applications where hydraulic piping might
rupture and spray fluid onto hot surfaces and ignite with resultant hazard to
plant personnel and equipment.
XL-5146is a Group 1 Factory Mutual approved fluid and is approved by the Canadian Centre
for Mineral and Energy Technology (CANMET) for use in underground mining
• Lubricating agents provide good anti-wear characteristics.
• Corrosion inhibited to protect ferrous and non-ferrous components; both liquid
and vapor phases.
• More environmentally manageable than other fire resistant fluids.
• Low pour point
• Protects pumps and system components from premature wear and failure.
• Extends equipment life, reduces downtime and maintenance costs.
• More acceptable in today’s environmentally conscious society.
• Ease of start up over a broad operating range.
Product Code: XL-0830
Viscosity (cSt @ 40°C) (ASTM D-445)
41 – 48
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)
Pour Point (°C) (ASTM D-97)
Corrosion Protection (ASTM D-665A)
Water Content (% weight)
38.0 – 40.5
pH @ 25°C
9.0 – 10.0
165 – 205
*mL of 0.1N hydrochloric acid needed to neutralize 100ml of fluid to
a pH of 5.5
There are no reviews yet.